From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:01:06 -0400
Hi Allen and Everyone,

Thank you for your offer of a free website. I have chased different free
websites as they often change the type of services offered without notice
leaving me and my code hi and dry. I had one service that would unilaterally
cancel my account for no stipulated reason. I established another account,
and in a couple of months it was history also.

My website started out as an experiment to learn more about the web and html
programming. And as a means of not continually repeating myself on the
lists. I don't know how many times I've re-written the code to comply with a
new set of server conditions or interaction of my code and some forced
advertisements. It's been at least a half dozen times.

Each time I've thought about scrapping the effort involved with my website.
Toss in a few personal problems and maintaining a beekeeping website can
become a very low priority. So, I would recommend that everyone copy any
info that would be needed in the future.

And I would also recommend that if you have something to share, you let
others know about it. So they can copy it :>)

Beekeepers interests change. When I first started working the bees on the
internet, I was a commercial beekeeper involved with thousands of hives and
semiloads of honey. I ate, talked and slept bees. Today, I keep just a few
hives that easily sustain themselves with almost no beekeeper input. And I
don't even own an extractor. After 5 years away from commercial beekeeping,
I can go about a month without thinking a single commercial beekeeping
thought! :>)

And on another note, list members should appreciate the effort, time and
money that list owners and moderators put in for everyone's benefit. I don't
know of a single list that isn't a labor of love. None of them make any
money. And lists can disappear just like websites can.

Regards
Dennis