From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:23:19 -0700
Dr. Rodriguez suggests that the ABJ article Barry has posted be studied.  I urge the same thing.  I contend you will discover that the authors drew incorrect conclusions from their data.  First, after purposefully saturating (?) the wax with PDB, they observed that the PDB level dissipated to an equilibrium level in 8 days (not 11 as I had remembered) simply by ventilation.  Then they did NOT report measuring any subsequent transfer of that remaining PBB to honey.

In a completely different inquiry, they searched commercial samples of honey in Germany for PDB and found a completely insignificant percent had any detectable PDB.

So much for the problem of PDB contamination of honey but you would never have noticed it you had merely read the way they presented their results.   Dan