From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:12:37 -0300
I picked up another load of HFCS55 today.  I noted on the analysis that the
ph was 3.7 (same as other loads).   Bob said that he likes the ph of his
sugar syrup to be nearly neutral (although a search I did seemed to indicate
that 6 is more normal for sugar syrup.  But a search on honey seemed to
indicate that 3.5 to 4.5 is the normal range with 3.9 being average
(Wikipedia, National Honey Board, ....)

So, if HFCS is very close to the same acidity as honey, and presuming that
bees are well adapted to the food that they make, why do you think that a
higher ph is an advantage, Bob (or anyone else)?

Stan