From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:47:53 EDT
This is a request for all posters to Bee-L to not use Subject lines as  a
quick Rely To shortcut.

Subject lines are meant to help organize information, and on a list server
these help to produce threads of related conversation, topics.

But many posters to Bee-L just hit reply regardless of the subject.   The
result is that the comment often has nothing to do with the subject  line.

Now, I'm sure some will argue that they want to read  everything.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to read every e-mail, I get up to 500  a
day.  Each morning, I sort and delete big blocks of e-mails.  With  respect
to Bee-L, I delete all e-mails about subjects that have little  or no interest
to me, or that are simply rehashing the same old issues.   But sometimes I
look at one or two before deleting and find things that are  of interest, but
which have no connection to the subject line topic.

Please read the subject line before sending a comment.  If your  comment is
not relative to the subject, start a new subject line.  It only  takes a moment.

Thanks

Jerry