From:
Rebecca Zens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:19:54 -0600
My name is Rebecca Zens and I read, partly to keep up on the research side
of the industry and partly to keep up on real time news of what people are
seeing in their hives around the US (and world). I am a biology student
(will get my BoS degree in May 2011) and have only been working w/ bees for
about a year. My husband is a 20+ year beekeeper, in charge of a commercial
migratory operation out of SD that is owned by Golden Heritage out of
KS. We participate (engage?) in pollination in CA and ME, and use treatments
and old school husbandry, depending on which is more efficient for
the business (the "new way of doing things" isn't always evil, but it isn't
always better either). It seems like that combination of factors put us in a
bit of an underdog position on this list, but I have learned not to take
those digs too personally. At this point in time I choose not to post very
often b/c I don't feel that my lack of experience quite measures up to the
wealth of experience found on this list, so currently I choose to learn
rather than try to teach:)

Thanks,
Rebecca Zens

 We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. --*Anais Nin*