From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:27:55 -0500
> The honey coming in from Bermuda was labeled in this manner.
> Bad enough that it came from China via Bermuda,

Before anyone gets the idea that Bermuda had anything to do
with honey laundering, let me state on behalf of the
handful of beekeepers in Bermuda that they DO export small
amounts of honey to the US every year, and no one has ever
accused Bermuda of any funny business.

Someone in the BAHAMAS stands accused of some false flag
transshipments, but there are also beekeepers in the
Bahamas, despite the comments of Mr. Westervelt as quoted
in the article:

"I have a difficult time seeing the Grand Bahamas
as a major honey producer," said David Westervelt,
a Florida state apiculture inspector. "It's an
island. You move bees on there and they'll die."

While the Bahamas have never been a major honey producer,
bees have no trouble surviving there, and they can produce
decent crops.

Let's not condemn innocent beekeepers for the usual
activities of importers, exporters, and packers.

The illegal transshipments have been obvious for
years - Bee-L noted the massive amounts of honey
coming out of Singapore and Vietnam back in 2003:

http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0307a&L=bee-l&T=0&P=1467