From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:36:26 -0600
Hello All,
The points presented should not be news to readers of BEE-L. I have
carefully presented on BEE-L the problems the neonicotinoids present to
those which are trying to make a living from bees for around five years.

Back then many scoffed at the idea and attacked me personally (which is what
happens when the other side does not want to discuss the real issues) but
now the pendulum is starting to swing the other way. The new information on
the four hive canola (not corn) study displays the length chemical companies
will go to whitewash over the serious concerns of beekeepers.

PR has always been a priority for Big Ag and chemical companies!

Beekeepers from France and other countries have stepped forward to share
their experiences with the neonicotinoids on BEE-L. Henri ( president of the
French beekeepers) came on (in archives) to share that the situation in
France DID IMPROVE after the neonicotinoids were banned. Before then on
BEE-L many *quoted* the Bayer sources that no improvement was had.

To sum up:

Instead of Bayer showing the proof they had of the neonicotinoids safe
around bees ( required for EPA registration) the company  & EPA  refused and
even a lawsuit did not bring out *all* the information.

For me *proof* that seed treated corn was not causing my bees to die either
at pollen time, by guttation
or later in winter  stored contaminated pollen.

Instead Bayer and many researchers said *beekeepers* (not Bayer)  needed to
provide proof the neonicotinoids were causing the problems.

Only in the U.S. has beekeepers concerns about the neonicotinoids been
overlooked?
Instead of the EPA putting a hold on some neonicotinoids until the questions
presented by beekeepers were answered the EPA kept letting the chemical
companies continue to expand their products.

The *question* (if certain neonicotinoids are killing bees) could have been
easily answered  *if* a portion of the money congress threw at the problem
( 20 million?) could have been used to set up independent tests to answer
the question.

Why did not happen?

"What do you think the reasons where"?

Sincerely,