From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:19:50 -0500
>We often hear people touting one strain or race over all others and wonder
>Discuss.

I believe the Italian bee is the best honey producer the world has ever
seen! Also the most likely commercial race to send me to the truck for a bee
suit!

Carnies can be swarmy.

Caucs love to work with propolis! The sculptures are amazing to admire!

My friend Horace Bell told me about  the China beekeeping tour he went on.

He said the Chinese had queens they used for different crops. They would
requeen with a certain strain or race before a certain flow with a queen
which produced bees that gathered the most honey (based on past experience).

I never had heard of the above before? Do beekeepers on BEE-L use the
practice?

Of course only the top honey producers and packing operations were shown. No
tours of extracting honey in tents with dirt floors was shown on the tour!

Bob