From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 12:15:02 -0400
Hello All,
I have for years removed mite strips with a pair of needle nose pliers.
This year we have went to a needle nose plier which is 16 1/2 inches long.
The price is around the price of a hive tool on the net. One of the
discount tool places is advertising two for the price of one this month
(May 2001). I have never tried installing the strips with the pliers but a
friend says you can put the loose strips in a 5 gallon pail and pick and
install without touching the strips. I know you can remove without touching.
I told a fellow beekeeper awhile back if I had a longer needle nose plier I
would keep from mashing a finger one of these days pulling mite strips from
the lower hive body. When we went to the last beekeeping meeting he handed
me two pair he had ordered off the net. Exactly what I needed. They work
great and will even fish out strips which fall down between frames. They
have got a bright orange handle so they are hard to lose in grass. Hope the
tip helps.
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri