From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2017 06:42:31 -0400
Randy,

This may be too simple but those colonies that chew and remove the
OA/glycerine shop towels are probably the most hygienic.  I know we used to
pre-test for hygienic behavior by placing tissues or paper towels between
brood chambers and the hygienic hives tended to chew and remove the dry
towels overnight.  The tissue fragments could clearly be seen on the ground
in front of the hive.  Those hives that removed tissues overnight then got
a full-blown test.

Perhaps this is a doubled effect?  OA plus hygienic traits?

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC