From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:06:34 -0800
As one who reads, almost religiously, the contributions to bee-l, I am also one who posts off and on, but not as a daily habit.

In the shadow of frequent posters, it's intimidating to share my meager tidbits in a public forum driven by a medium that creates huge hurdles to interpretation and intonation.  It's often easier to just read the exchanges than take a beating from those who see things differently, largely because beekeeping is so local and our data so anecdotal.

I'll always read everything Randy Oliver posts and I love Bob Harrison's "other side of the coin."  --even when they disagree!

I'm just a small-time commercial beekeeper with 150 hives in a non-migratory operation.

And don't give me that line that says you can't be commercial until you reach 300 hives!  I'm in it for the money!

Every aspect of this "informed" exchange is subject to my respectful grain of salt, but I seldom fail to learn something new about bees or about myself.

Grant
Jackson, MO