From:
Glen Glater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:01:30 -0400
I have a living (albeit weak, with apparently no queen) hive that is
infested with waxmoth larvae and pupae at all developmental stages.  I
presume that there are eggs too, since there are varying instars of
larvae.

What can I do to kill of these moth beasts without killing the bees in
the hive?  I'm guessing that the hive is too weak to overwinter anyway,
but I'd rather not hasten their demise.

Can I put para-based moth things (the pink ones from supermarkets) into
the hive to selectively kill the moths without killing the bees?  Or is
there another alternative?

Thanks for the help.

--glen