From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:14:21 +0200
Amy Thomson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Interesting that thyme honey is a good antibiotic, thyme oil (thymol) is an
>extremely potent antibacterial agent.  (It's one of the main ingredients of
>the mouthwash Listerine).  I wonder if enough of the thymol is getting into
>the honey to have an effect?

      For medicinal purposes it is always possible to add natural thyme oil
into honey.
      What ratio? A possible, strong one is 10-15 drops to 50 grams of
honey.
      These type of mixtures combines the healing properties of honey to the
ones of essential oils.
      In other words, its a combination between apitherapy and aromatherapy,
so we can call it: "api-aromatherapy".
        In my country (Romania) we have already several types of these
"api-aromo" medicinal honeys very useful in the treatment of many human
diseases.

        I believe these types of mixtures can be later exploited not only
for human diseases but also for veterinary ones.
        The bees should benefit too...

        Hope this helps!

        Sincerely,

        Stefan Stangaciu, MD, LAcup.