From:
Carmenie Stemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:55:45 -0400
Hello there,

I have a question for the list.  I made some splits a couple months ago, I
think, and they at this point have about 6 frames of brood, and the rest
being honey.  Winter is approaching, and the honey flow is almost over.  I
have 16 singles, and about 24 double brood chamber hives.  The double brood
chamber hives have done exceptionally well, producing over 200 lbs
average...  Now I am wondering what to do with the singles.  Most are in
great condition, a few need a bit of help in terms of brood and honey.
What is the best way to winter these singles.  I have looked at the
archives on the list...  Wintering over the doubles seems to be suggested
as a good idea...  But I was wondering if I could winter two singles beside
each other, raised up on an empty brood chamber to keep them dry and
insulated, wrap them well, and do it like that.   What says the list?

I appreciate any advice given.  Please keep in mind that this needs to be
done before the 26th, as I am leaving for California then to go to school
this winter.  Of course if it can not be done by then, my family can do
something.  Thanks for the help!!

Cheers,

Carmenie