From:
Mark Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 00:18:02 -0400
I'm considering the installation of slatted racks on all my hives in the
spring, however, I have some questions.

1/...  Has anyone noticed a marked effect in either honey production and/or
as part of their IPM program?

2/...  As I use screened bottom boards on all my hives, does the slatted
rack interfere with mite drop; by this I mean, does the rack get in the way
of the falling mite and save it from getting trapped below the mesh and
thus reducing the total number of mites trapped and effectiveness of teh
screened bottom-board?

3/...  What is the underlying concept of the slatted rack and how does it
work?

Your help is appreciated... as always!

Cheers,
Mark Walker