From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2023 11:44:03 -0400
>I am pretty sure we will be seeing a flurry of new apps applying AI to beekeeping.

This is not an April Fool's joke, Italy has banned access to chatgpt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=italia+chatgpt&tbm=nws

A well-known person who works as a programmer tried to explain to me how the UI actually works. It does not use databases, it uses direct algorithms that are present in the graphics card memories. They say the databases are very slow.

The whole thing works differently from the database engine. It's about calculations and real time. The machine does not remember, it has no memory or history-future type comparison.

He was approached by a company that wanted to build UI into server management, the investors of such actions did not understand at all that UI does not guarantee anything before the law, therefore the entire operation of server farms would be without guarantee.

I am skeptical about the connection between beekeeping and AI, although I can see that the potential is there. But life as a game is like that server farm in the hands of something that provides no guarantee.

Gustav Palan