From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 00:15:20 -0400
Not being able to publish simple data that illustrates the benefits of
some technique makes me wary of any claims. I don't think that kind of
analysis of someone claims is unique to just the small cell  topic
either.

I think Dick Allen asked some reasonable questions and I don't see
any credible replies to his questions to make us all beleivers. Sounds
like a bunch of cow manure to me.

I'm sure that cell size could be a variable in the mite life cycle. However
measuring the effects of variables in a complex system like a beehive
is best left to someone with a good understanding of Factorial and
Designed Experiements.

Popular Science and other publications are littered with backyard
garage inventors who thought they had uncovered various
"breakthrough" discoveries only to learn later that life is not as simple
as it may seam.

May I suggest the following reading:

Statistics for Experimenters, An introduction to design, data analysis
and model building. The authors are known as Box Hunter (square)

George E. P. Box, William G. Hunter and J Stuart Hunter.  published in
1978 by John wiley and Sons. ISBN 0-471-09315-7