From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:01:30 +0100
Hi Joe

 > For example - I'd thought of trying a small flower pot, but it needs a
 > facility for feeding.

Having spent a lot of time and effort over more than 20 years, pursuing
things like flower pots and fish boxes, nothing beats a hinged frame
like the one shown on...
http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/bifoldfr.html
The example shown is British National size, but the principle can be
extended to any other size of frame.

The complexity of making the folding frame is offset by the ease and
speed with which you can set up a mating nuc, which you will do hundreds
of times more often than making the frames.

If you follow the links on that page and look at some of the other pages
on various types of nucs, you will see some of the way I developed the idea.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)