From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:20:01 -0500
 Jerry J Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]> wrote

>There are many ways to transfer documents in either ASCII (plain text) or
>binary form.

>(or delete it if I wish).  But, my success rate with Binary files sent
>either as a Binary or Mime file format is less than 50%.  Just because
>your system sent it doesn't mean that I can use it.
>
>Given this problem confounded by the fact that my Server provides only a
>limited amount of space for incoming mail (so if I get several long
>attachments in a single day, all of my mail dumps), and you see why I am
>biased against unsolicited e-mail attachments.

I have been at a show for the last couple of days, so am slightly out of
touch. Wasn't the original post asking the question on how to send a sheet
of typing (text) attached to an e-mail message, to avoid postage.
        What we do, as we get lots of requests for the same information ie.
tech specs, price lists etc. We have that info in another program (Ms Works)
and then we just copy and paste into the e-mail message. For example that
info from Dr. James Amrine re. Essential Oils is held on my hard drive under
essenoil1.txt if somebody requests that, it's only a few key strokes and
away it goes. Using this method will save file attachments and the
possibility of virus transmission.
        One final point for all the unsure 'newbies'. To check out your
message capabilities, send a message to yourself. All you need to do is put
your own address  in the "To" box and what ever you send will come back to
you. It will allow you to set up all the switches and parameters
        instead of getting messages
        only as wide as this one piece
you can set the widths and characters per line to fill the page and be more
legible.
                        Regards to all, happy thanksgiving to all our
Southern cousins.

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *