From:
Greg Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:25:24 -0600
 I would assume that some of these hives could survive in some northern climates.  I have removed several feral hives in my area of the Florida panhandle which were presumed to be africanized.  One removal was in late August, approximately 2 1/2 months after our last major honey flow and I removed 50-60 lbs of honey from the hive, and the hive also had considerable amount pollen in it (about an equal amount of pollen and brood). IMO these bees still have a dominate amount of EHB genes still in them, however this doesn't necessarily help their behavior, but can and will help them survive in colder climates.