From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 06:52:21 -0500
You are right Stan. I too sometimes get complaints in the early spring, but not
from feeding. The bees looking for pollen, visit the dairy farms in the area.
The farmer opens the doors to the barn, and the bees fly in. They work in the
gutter, rolling up manure, and flying home with it. They can't remember that
they came in the door, and try to go out through the closed windows(if the
farmer can open the window at the top-no problem). When they take off from the
gutter, they often bump into the cow's legs. This must tickle the cow, as she
winds up doing the "bee bop." Quite humorous actually, but not all farmers
agree.