From:
Andon Gospov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:52:16 -0000

Dear Mr. Lewis

The compete book can be found here:

The Br. Adam's book "Breeding the honeybee" is based mainly on the Prof.
Armbrusters findings and is available in English. The two books are almost
identical in many respects, with the only difference the later is more
simplified and corrected with some additions.

Regards

Donnie in Bulgaria

----- Цитат от Joseph Lewis ([log in to unmask]), на
22.12.2013 в 20:13 -----   Mr. de Witt,
Great to read your post about Ludwig Armbruster and his 1919 book
"Bienenzüchtungskunde". Is there any chance that his book has been
digitized, even as a PDF file? How could we get a hard copy? We need to get
this book translated into English! With automated scanning, OCR
capabilities, and computerized translation, making an edition in English
should not be so difficult. The main thing that would be required is for a
couple of English speaking and a German speaking beekeepers to edit the
draft for meaning, grammar and spelling.
As a retired US army officer my last assignment (3 years) was to the NATO
Hqs at Brunssum, NL. While there I met a Dutch army officer who had
translated into English the unpublished book, "The Defense of The Hague".
It is the inspiring story of the Dutch heros who fought the Germans in the
first 5 days of WW2, at great sacrifice. This fight resulted in the loss of
more than 300 German aircraft, and caused Hitler's hesitation to
immediately invade England. This changed the potential course of the war
and made possible the later success of the Allies. Not many people know the
enormous sacrifice  FILTER: alpha(opacity = 0); OUTLINE-STYLE: none;
OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 1px;
FONT-SIZE: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px; opacity: 0" id=message_html_paste
contentEditable=true>http://perso.fundp.ac.be/~jvandyck/homage/books/armbr/LA1919/prefade.html