Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:03:28 -0800
Thomas W Hoyt wrote:

> Is there a difference between a bee sting "allergy" and the fact that
> when I get stung the spot gets red, itches, swells a bit, etc?   I'm a
> novice - 5 years and a few hives.  I get stung 3- 4 times a year.
>
> Best guess, should I go to an alergist/ or consider a desensitization
> program?
> If I were to go through the "desensitization" would I not be bothered at
> all by the occasional sting (as if it were just a splinter)?
>
> Pastor Thomas W. Hoyt
> Our Redeemer Lutheran Church
> Forsyth, IL
> Almost Heaven-C.I.D.

To:  Thomas Hoyt

Your reaction seems perfectly normal to me.  I get 50-60 stings per
season and, depending where I am stung, still get a temporary welt and
itchiness.  If stung several times at once, I take a Benadryl tablet.
It doesn't seem like much of a problem for me and certainly not worth
any medical treatment.

I don't think you get stung enough.  I'm sure your girls will
accommodate you.

Burns