From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2017 13:44:56 -0400
Bill "do trigger the immune system"

Bee stings do nothing for my arthritis.  X-rays show both calcium deposits and broken chips in joints.

On the other hand, my father 'fixed' his finger with an unexpected bee sting.  From the time I was young, he had a damaged finger that wouldn't bend at the first joint - until he got stung on that finger.  He was about 40, bee was on tractor steering wheel.  He had an immediate, severe, localized reaction - swelled up to his arm pit, got epi shot at ER.  When the swelling went down, the finger joint had freed.  He spent the remainder of his years 82 with a working finger.   Of course, he had a huge immune system trigger event that freed the frozen joint.

As per other meds and bee stings, due to my worn out joints and disintegrated disks, I practically eat Ibuprofen.  Aspirin is too hard on my stomach, and Tylenol does nothing.   When the Ibuprofen isn't up to the task, I go get a steroid shot in the joint(s).

I've suffered from allergies all my life - although the 5 years of desensitizing shots as a kid helped a lot.  Surprisingly, so far, I'm not allergic to bee stings - but I make sure to get stung every so often.

On top of all of this, I've Hashimoto's hypthyrodism, an auto-immune disease that results in my body trying to kill my thyroid.

Finally, I've known of a few beekeepers and researchers who never reacted much to bee stings - years, and then out of the blue, had a passing out, race to the ER event.