Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:09:11 -0400
> I dutifully switched over to the three doses on seven day intervals after
> OAV was approved, which covers just one less day, but I felt it wasn't as
> effective as the old-dosing schedule.  So I switched back to doing it the
> old way.

Nancy,

Great post. Why did you feel that the 7 days was not as effective? Did you
have more losses or more Varroa?

Do you treat early in the am when the bees are still in their hives?

Completely agree with the winter treatments as being the most effective way
to use the OAV.

To achieve the best kill, I treat at first light which is about 5:30am.
Easy to administer since they really do not react until after you remove
the vaporizer and then not a lot. I give them a puff of smoke if there are
any in the way at the entrance before I put in the vaporizer. I had a bee
beard at the entrance on one hive and they moved nicely out of the entrance
and took the vaporizer calmly. They stayed hanging from the front of the
bottom board through the whole treatment. It is an easy way to treat.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine