Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2019 09:41:32 -0400
> I keep Varroa levels very low - so that by late Sept, once the hive is
> broodless, I am getting a mite drop of 200 with OAV.  And subsequent
> treatments with OAV are 50 or less.

I am with you.

Let us anthropomorphize. We "treated" people to combat small pox and polio
so the disease was more or less eliminated. In essence we attacked the
problem not the receiver of the problem. With our bees we are allowing the
problem to keep on while trying to make the bees more tolerant.

It seems that Trish and I are trying to eliminate Varroa rather than our
bees. My bees have informed me that they like this approach better.

Plus, if the Darwin approach is that good, why do we not apply it to
ourselves and our family?

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine