From:
Bob Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:25:27 -0400
Hello Friends,
Let me preface my comment about ankle pain from bee stings with this.  I
keep bees primarily for apitherapy.  I have received many thousands of bee
stings in my lifetime.  What I have found is the immunity for the effects of
bee stings starts to wane at about three weeks in most folks.  A person will
develop an immunity to the swelling and itching effects of bee stings after
about 6 to 8 weeks of receiving stings on a weekly basis. Those of us who
regularly get stung, will get a slight reaction to stings if we have not had
any in for three weeks or longer.  If a long enough period goes by, a person
may have a reaction similar to a person who never gets stung.

This having been said, If a person is not immune to stings, I would have to
assume the ankle problems would be greater because of the body weight on
them, as opposed to other areas of the body.  The sting will cause local
swelling which is probably compounded by the continued use of the affected
tissue in the ankle.  Our ankles are asked to do a lot, just supporting our
bodies.  Irritate them with bee stings, and it sounds like a good formula
for pain to me.   I don't like to get stung in the ankles, but it happens.
I can't ever remember having any pain associated with it, however.  I
believe it is because I have been stung so many times that I don't have any
reaction to the stings.  I am not a doctor or a health care professional.
These are just personal observations and may not apply to everyone.

Just thinkin' a little bit, but I could be wrong. I dunno.  Bob Bassett