From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 13:12:54 -0800
Bob Harrison wrote:  "but like with thymol, formic and oxalic all most beekeepers need is the material and the knowledge."

I agree.  With an Internet connection, any beekeeper can find the soution to just about any question.  But time and energy are also in short supply.  Sometimes you pay for convenience and sometimes you delegate the responsibility trading dollars for effeciency.

I started out cannibalizing old pallets from dumpsters to make hive bodies, but I had more time and energy in those days.  Now it doesn't make sense to drive around when I need that time in the field with the bees.  Timewise, I'm better off buying pre-cut hive bodies from any of the major suppliers.

But I'm a little too snug with my money to pass up a nice 1x12" sticking out of the board pile.  Then I'll end up storing it waiting until I can "find the time" to do some work in the shop.  In the meantime, my wife gets on my case about "all that wood" piling up.

It's a tough life when you're frugal.

Grant
Jackson, MO