From:
Bil Harley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 09:22:38 -0500
Juanse Barros, << So there is polen in honey, therefore it is a constituent and not an
ingredient.  Period. The rest is a legal trick created by the antiGMO lobby with the pseudo beekeepers included.>>

Bob Darrel, << My problem is understanding this process.  My dictionary says "Ingredient - noun - an element in a mixture, constituent, the ingredients of a cake>>

It doesn't matter what any dictionary says, there is a strict legal definition of what is an ingredient and what is a constituent and no amount of huffing and puffing will change that.
My dictionary says that pseudo means fake, not genuine; sham. So I suppose a fake beekeeper is one who sells Chinese ersatz as honey, there seem to be quite a few around.

Juanse, <<And I understand that ,eventough the European Court, the Bavarian Court
judged against Mr. Bablok >>

This is the wrong way round, like saying that  U.S. district court had overturned the decision of the  Supreme Court of the United States. The European Court of Justice has jurisdiction over every member country of the Union.

The 2011 ruling was justified by pointing out that most of the pollen is added when honey is extracted, very little is present before that so:
 “Under Article 2.13 of Regulation No 1829/2003 and Article 6(4)(a) of Directive 2000/13, an ingredient is ‘any substance … used in the manufacture or preparation of a foodstuff and still present in the finished product, even if in altered form’.”

“Lastly, Monsanto’s suggestion, put forward in order also to exclude honey from the scope of that regulation, to the effect that the presence of pollen is not the result of an intentional production process, cannot be accepted.”
The full text can easily be found on line.

Finally, Gavin claimed, <<in no way does the document Bil is referring to represent the majority of beekeepers in Europe.  There is absolutely no support from any mainstream beekeeping organisation in the country I'm writing this from, for example.  I mean the UK, not just Scotland.>>
I think it would be rather preposterous to think for a moment that the various tiny UK beekeeping organizations could somehow be a majority of beekeepers in Europe.

Bil, France