From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:43:23 -0400
I heard Keith Delaplane speak on the topic this evening at our club
meeting...I have not read the study (not even sure it has been published)
but the gist of his comments was that small cell doesn't singnificantly
control varroa population growth.  I didn't hear anything regarding study of
hive survival/longevities on small cell in those comments.  He did say there
were at least three other studies out that confirm those findings.  Jennifer
Berry is slated to speak to us next month and I hope to ask some questions
regarding the study.