From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:32:46 -0500
Hi Bill & all,

When I constructed a honey house, I used 1/4" thick, 4X8 foot sheets of PVC
board. You can screw these boards to the studs with 1" Stainless screws. At
the seams, just cut some boards in 2" wide strips and get a bunch of PVC
glue and primer and glue the 2" strips over the joints. For the shoe
moulding, just cut 3" wide strips and glue these to the PVC board at the
floor. If you glue the strips correctly, all seams will be water proof.
Caulk the joint between the floor and 3" shoe moulding with silicone
paintable caulk. Be sure to clean the PVC before caulking since the caulk
will not stick to PVC as is. Then paint the floor with Sherwin-Williams 2
part epoxy. 2 gallons of epoxy will cover about 125 square feet of floor.
This epoxy is food grade because of the toughness and hardness.

I used this PVC board for the ceiling also.

Lionel
North Alabama