From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:23:59 EDT
Quickbee wrote:
But the entire point of that article was that there is little
difference  between the various choices in smoker fuels, as
combustion products and  by-products are highly variable when
a smoker is actually smoking  (smoldering).

"highly variable"??
read again ,

In his article Blowin' Smoke James Fisher  concludes:
So, no matter what you burn in your smoker, your 'clean,  cool smoke' is a
mix of superheated toxic chemicals and carcinogens that cannot  possibly be good
for you, your bees, or your honey if used in excessive amounts.
Bottom line, easy on the smoke. It's nasty  stuff.
Just as in my initial reply to the request to discuss this  topic:
"I have my concerns with what people have used to create  smoke especially
toxic smoke.
So what isn't toxic?
That's the  point that should be discussed."
Walter
Ontario