From:
"Dr. Joe Carson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:26:33 -0900
"I use all three, depending upon who has what in stock when I need.  I slightly favor Permadent for bee acceptance.  Randy Oliver"

One area in which we have tested concerns harmonics in plastic foundation.  We operate 60 test apiaries throughout Europe and North America and have tested an amazing number of manufacturers product.  The Chinese and Indian products Q/A lack consistency.  Slovenia is manufacturing a product that is fair.  We prefer Permadent for it's consistent quality and bee acceptance.  We are readying 5000 more frames at this time and have studied the wooden frames with great interest.  With our ongoing study of box manufacturers, fit and finish of said boxes, frames and foundation, it is a statistical job no longer performed  by the trusty TI 59C.

In the past we painted an additional thin coating of wax using a foam - not bristle -  paint brush on all plastic foundation which did help in acceptance. We no longer do that as we have adopted a new, more efficient method.  Less expensive, less time involved and better results.

We dip all new frames with plastic foundation in a tank containing thin syrup with our products OPTIMA and Nozevit Plus mixed in.  Frames are allowed to sit for a specific time period prior to placing them into the hive.  Results are now predictable.

Dr. Joe Carson