From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:25:14 -0400
Dick Marron:  “His answer was telling. "I wouldn't tell
you if I did (have ccd)!" He wasn't just being obtuse.”

This really doesn’t paint a very pretty picture of the large scale
migratory bee business does it?  It seems that these folks are so close to
the edge of disaster all the time that it brings out some less than
altruistic behavior in them.  I’m glad I am not part of that kind of
system.  Considering the potential impact a guy like this could have on
other people’s beekeeping operations I am surprised that keeping secret
something as significant as massive dead outs from what ever cause, is even
an option in this day and age.  Maybe the growers and the pollinators
should get together and form a consortium that could provide some kind of
safety net so that if one beekeeper was hit by something like ccd he would
not have to hide the fact thereby perhaps putting other unsuspecting
bystanders at greater risk.  Then maybe he could become part of the
solution instead of being part of the problem.

Steve Noble