From:
Martin Braunstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:14:23 -0600
Hi all,

I am an Argentine queen breeder.

I would appreciate any details about the use of paraffin to preserve
beekeeping woodenware by means of dipping hive bodies, supers, bottom
boards and lids into a hot bath of this stuff.

I know this is a common practice among large scale beekeeping operations in
New Zealand who avoid the time and labor consuming painting of bee
equipment.

I am aware that in the December 1980 issue of a magazine entitled "The New
Zealand beekeeper" there was an extensive article about this matter. Would
anyone be so kind as to fax me either a copy of this article or let me know
the fax and/or e-mail address of this bee journal?

Thanks for your support.

With best regards.

Martín Braunstein
Malka Cabaña Apícola