Date:
Fri, 6 May 2016 09:13:03 -0400
I'm especially interested in this.  Could you maybe share some macro
pictures of these bees?

I'm also attempting to perform necropsy and histo-path exams on reject
queens - those that have been replaced or don't meet queen rearing
standards.

 I'm doing this for comparative reference, as part of hive dead out
evaluation or assessing dwindling stages of a colony.   I'd be pleased to
dialogue this issue with others, more knowledgeable than I.  Dr. Magrath
recently addressed an important cause for hive death in a BIP blog.   Queen
failure may be under-valued as another important part of the complex and I'd
like to focus on it.

Old or reject queens can be sent to me directly and I'll give  a formal
report in return.

Don Coats, DVM