From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:05:19 -0800
In doing research on the neonics, I came across an interesting press
release.  Note that the active ingredient of Cruiser, thiamethooxam,
degrades to the active ingredient clothianidin (Poncho).

Syngenta’s Cruiser 350 Insecticide Approved for Use in France

"France, Europe’s largest pesticide market, renewed its approval of Syngenta
AG’s Cruiser 350 insecticide for treating corn seed, the agriculture
ministry said.

The approval, which has been granted yearly since 2008, was renewed after a
favorable opinion on Oct. 15 from the country’s health-security agency, the
ministry said in a statement on its website today. The Syngenta insecticide
poses no environmental risk according to the agency, the statement shows.

Cruiser is used on some corn seeds to protect against click beetles, and
regional observations have shown no unintended side effects on bees since
2008, the ministry said. The insecticide’s active ingredient
is thiamethoxam, a systemic neurotoxin in a chemical class called
neonicotinoids."

Now before anyone slams me, let me assure you that I will also post any
research that I find that indicates that the systemics cause harm to bees.

Randy Oliver