From:
Will Theunissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 21:29:42 +0100
Hello bee-friends.

As chairman of our local beekeeping organization in Nijmegen (Holland) I
would ask for information on desensitization for bee-venom. One of our
members had an anaphylactic shock as a reaction on some stings this summer.
Now he is keeping an Epipen with him for the case of. A few weeks ago he was
offered an desensitization-therapy by injection of small amounts of bee
venom. This treatment lasts at least two years, but there is only little
known about the results that can be prospected.
We all hope that it will be successfully because he is an enthusiastic
beekeeper.

Our question to you all is to send any comments about desensitation therapy,
are there any fellow-beekeepers who have experience with it ? Where can we
find any facts about it and are there any publications about the results,
side-effects and succes-rate ?

Thanks for any comments,

greetings

                         (\
-----------------------{|||8
                         (/
Will Theunissen
Oude Bovensteweg 51, 6584 CJ Molenhoek, Holland
phone (31) 024 3584589
mail   [log in to unmask]
mail   [log in to unmask]

                       /)