Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:36:00 -0700
I managed to germinate one evodia seed last year.  This year the sapling
has grown to four feet.  My question is what type of shape do I want for
the evodia tree?  Do I want one central leader, allowing only
horizontal-type branches from this central leader?  I ask this question
because this sapling has developed a couple of diagonal type branches.
I've always been told to avoid this kind of growth in a tree because it
leads to a weak crotch that can break.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve Jones