From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:20:30 -0600
??

NEW BOOK!

"Systemic Insecticides - a Disaster in the Making"

> Dutch Toxicologist Dr. Henk Tennekes has put all the pieces of the puzzle
> together and confirmed what many have suspected for at least 6 years: a
> new class of revolutionary crop insecticides is killing-off vast numbers
> of bees,

If you google Dr. Henk he seems to be educated ( Ph D) and somewhat of an
expert
toxicologist. When the whole CCD thing started I was told ( maybe not true
but what I was told checking the doctor out. Can others confirm?) he was
*considered* for a toxicologist job with the USDA-ARS.

He certainly seems to have the background to write on the subject.

I liked him right away when I read he questioned the whole climate change
thing of Al Gore!

>This one deserves a place right next to "A Spring without Bees"]

I will have to read before I place next to my favorite reference book
containing the history of the arrival of the neonicotinoids on the U.S.
market.

*If* the information contained in the book "A Spring without Bees" ( other
than Michaels stated opinion on the facts presented) was not correct then
Bayer would have sued to stop publication. ( 42 pages of reference for the
facts presented in the book at the back of the book)
As for the opinions & conclusions of the author Michael Schacker they are
simply opinions & hypothesis. I never found fault with the facts presented
in his book but can't say I agree completely with his conclusions.
His right in a free country as are mine and yours!

If Dr. Henk  does the same in his book:
States accurate facts backed up with references . Then gives is opinion and
conclusions on what he has presented then maybe a good book.

I will definitely read and report to the list my opinion on the book.
Others will not read and still give their opinion on the book( How in the
hell can you give a report on a book you have not read.? Reading the inside
& back covers? The first chapter and the last? )

Thanks to peter for bringing the book to our attention!

bob