From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:42:05 -0800
I think the best combative procedures against in influx of AHB would be for regional/state associations to start providing instrumental insemination (II) services for their members.  Also, as part of the management process, the associations should start teaching their membership how to manage their hives so as to minimize the influx of AHB into their hives and to treat hives already infested with the AHBs.

Personally, I'm trying my best to see if I can manage to get to Sue Cobey's II workshops this year and to start providing beekeepers in my area with II queens.  The way I see it, the local beekeeper could provide his/her own virgin queens and the drone stock they want to use.  I would provide the expertise to use that stock to produce II queens.  Won't know how things work out until this summer or next.

Mike   Located in lower Alabama