From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:37:23 -0500
I think the following shows an understanding of the needs of the various players in today's agriculture. The sooner we convert "them and us" into "all of us" the better off we will be.

> Selectivity towards beneficial arthropods and predatory mites is a requirement for a modern IPM-compatible product. Side effects of spirotetramat on beneficial arthropods have been evaluated globally in various laboratory, greenhouse, semi-field and field trials. Spirotetramat can be considered to be safe to most beneficial arthropods according to the results obtained from semi-field and field studies, because there were no long lasting, adverse effects on beneficial bugs, lacewings or parasitoids. [The] good selectivity opens possibilities for the combined uses of this product together with beneficial arthropods. Therefore, the product can be recommended for the use in IPM systems.

Movento, an innovative ambimobile insecticide for sucking insect pest control in agriculture: Biological profile and field performance
Ernst Bruck et al, Bayer CropScience