Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2018 13:21:24 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
"I always hear the reasoning but don't ever notice the probims"

You do not see the problems as you are a brand new bee keeper who has never seen the results of poor inspections and apparently have not bothered to read articles about the results of poor inspections.  You will understand better when you are hit by an AFB epidemic caused by someone who is ignorant about bee diseases with the end result being a few thousand hives are burned.  Based on my experience you can figure on burning 80% of all hives in a county if the epidemic gets established.  It might not be quite so bad today as it used to be as there are so few ferals today in contrast to the last epidemic I lived thru.  Or perhaps your state is so backward you do not burn hives in which case the epidemic can go on for many years being propagated diligently by new bee keepers.

If you can not figure out that competent inspections are in your best interest you should get out of bee keeping as you are a hazard to responsible bee keepers.

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2