From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 22:18:00 +0800
Juanse, perhaps I misunderstood your earlier post, but I thought you had an oversupply of hives to fulfill your pollination contract? This post indicates that the weaker hives (less than 3 frames of bees) will still be required to make up the numbers for your pollination contract this year.
>What I was use to was to level up taking from the big ones a couple of frames
>and put those frames on the smaller ones to be able to full fill the
>pollination contract.
Because of the self-imposed barrier management system we practice here to prevent AFB spread, (we don't use antibiotics), moving frames from one hive to another to even up strengths is just not done, which is why I suggested bulking up the bees and redistributing those instead. However your situation is quite different of course, and in addition you can access the terrorists' favorite choice of pacifier (ammonium nitrate) in order to "sleep" your bees and make the introduction of strange bees into the colony easy and successful.
You were always going to do this anyway....go on admit it!
Gotcha!

PeterD