From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:09:31 -0500
Jim makes good points but the adds for the old Fumidil
Were about better wintering but also about bigger honey crops because the foragers lived longer.

When fumigillin was cheap (as compared to now) many commercial beekeepers felt provided a return on investment.

As Jim points out could have been (or not) a waste of money.

Glenn & I tried to buy the fumidil account from Mid-Con but they let the contract lapse and Mann Lake picked up  without paying Mid-Con for the years they built up  sales.

Glenn offered to loan the money to Mid-Con to keep thecontract but did not happen.

The old Fumidil B worked in my opinion better than todays product but the maker says the formula is the same.

The product is way overpriced my sources say but when you have a product without competition you can charge
Whatever you want.

Maybe the product is not as effective against N. Ceranae
As was with A. Ceranae?

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Midwest beekeeper