From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:33:24 -0800
Stan wrote:

> Do you know if the public can see the particular soil tests that were
> submitted to EPA to support registration, Paul?

Don't know Stan, but Bayer's new Poncho/VOTiVO seed treatment was
US EPA approved for use on soybeans as well as corn earlier this year:
http://www.bayercropscience.us/products/seed-treatments/poncho-votivo/news?storyId=7904cfde-923b-41c5-83e9-3eadca614d26

Actual label:
http://fs1.agrian.com/pdfs/Poncho_VOTiVO_Labelnewa.pdf

So to my mind that would suggest Bayer has data that shows
there won't be harmful buildups of clothiandin in soil or adjacent
waterways when midwest farmers rotate Poncho treated corn
with Poncho treated soybeans.  Might also suggest Bayer has data
that shows clothiandin levels in soybean and corn flowers
are not harmful to honeybees.

One statement on the Poncho/VOTiVO seed treatment label that I
thought was interesting is: "It is recommended that seed with
existing populations of storage pests be fumigated prior to
treating and bagging seed."  In other words, stored grain beetle
and moth insects are capable of surviving and reproducing in
bags or bins of clothiandin treated seed!

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.