From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:06:13 -0600
The same advice applies when moving bees.  I may drive in a Tee and shorts,
but I have the full kit at hand.

 --------

An excellent point.  I made the mistake once and did not carry my bee gear
when I was picking up nucs.  They were screened in and were going to ride in
the back of my truck.  No problem...  I will not do that again.  One of the
nucs fell on its side and I opened my truck door to deal with the problem
and found a lot of angry bees.  If I move bees I now take my gear... just in
case.  Once burnt, twice shy.

When I teach beekeeping classes I always encourage my students to carry more
gear to the beeyard than they think they need.

Larry Krengel