From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:24:54 -0500
On 14 Mar 97 at 18:08, Vince Coppola wrote: Re: BEES:old comb vs. tracheal
mite

>         The tracheal mite infests fully devoped bees after they have
> hatched. The age of the comb has no influence.
>

> > Our climate is not hot enough to effectively use menthol.     We have successfully used menthol for years here in Western New
> York. I'm pretty sure you can use it in PA, however I would recommend
> controlling T-mites by using queens produced with the Ontario
> selection program. We will have some for sale again this year and there
> are several producers in Ontario.

We are one of the Ontario Bee Breeders with T-mite resistant Queens for
sale, starting late June.
        If you wish further information please discuss it with us privately, to
save the list time and effort.
                Happy St. Patrick's day to all,
                        Dave.....

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Dealers for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks