From:
Kathy Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:29:27 -0800
>This really is not new news.

Didn't mean to imply that is was Bob. Dr. Cox has spoken to this risk in
every presentation I have had the opportunity to attend in the last 3 years.

>Was discussed 20 years ago in PMS talks that
>virus is spread by pollen and close contact between bees on pollen sources.
>Same with nosema spores.

You are funny though. Last year I waded through several days of 'dialogue fire fight' on this very subject but no posts were made regarding shared discussions you
reference here from 20 years ago. Regardless, 'discussions' can hardly be weighted with equal merit to scientific method.

It is disconcerting and counterproductive that seemingly no matter what gains
are made by talented scientists, or private citizens working to fill the near term gaps in research or needed policy by lagging government regulatory agencies, those gains are consistently slapped down by several on this list, you among them.

Given your immense experience as a beekeeper combined with your historical perspective regarding the increasingly unanticipated challenges in keeping bees healthy please (and anyone else on the list that would like to respond) share what needs to be set as an agenda for the good of bees and the beekeeping industy in lieu of employing target practice on the efforts of others. If you think you could be doing any better in contributing to realizing that agenda, there is plenty of room in the trenches. We could use your help!

Kathy Kellison