From:
"Steven A. Creasy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:02:46 PST
Dear Readers,

Forgive the following venting behavior.

Maybe I am the only one who is getting tired of deleting Maverick posts,
but I doubt it.
I am new to beekeeping, and joined this list to get other beekeepers
ideas on practical beekeeping practices.  There is much more found here,
thankfully, and I have read with great interest these topics.

It seems this Maverick debate has stirred several to unparalleled levels
of anger/exasperation.  The facts seem to be these:
        1)  Maverick is not labeled, nor intended for use in beehives.

        2)  Persons who use it for this purpose are breaking the law, and
bad for beekeeping           in general.

Enough said.  I cannot believe that posts continue at the rate and of the
length that I have seen of late.  Several posts are directed at one
individual from another.  It seems to me that direct communication would
be much better in these instances.

Please don't misunderstand.  I condemn the use of Maverick as much as
anyone.  It is bad for beekeeping.  Further beating of this dead horse
wastes the time of those who would like to learn more  ACCEPTED
beekeeping practices, and those who have such a wealth of information to
share.  It is a waste to expend so much energy on this topic, when more
constructive subjects are available.  If there is so much interest, I
suggest someone start a MAVERICK list and leave this to beekeeping
alone.

I hope I have not offended anyone, this is not my intent.  Lets just move
on.

Steve Creasy in Maryville, Tennessee